Scarlet Pumpernickel's Romance Blog

Dedicated to Romance writing.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

And now we wait

Have you ever noticed how rushed you are to get your projects completed? And then what? You wait and wait and wait. I submitted a complete manuscript to a publisher in mid-February. Now we wait! But waiting is better than rejection. If I haven't heard anything, that means it hasn't been rejected! So I'm currently working on two new projects and waiting to hear if they think my baby's ugly! I refuse to dewell on the possiblity they might not think my baby is cute, smart and just what they need at the current time. Instead, I am busily working on my next project. What about you? How do you mark the time while you wait? Ladies in waiting, that's what we've become!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At September 13, 2009 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You submitted in April, it is now September. How is it going? I hope they gave you a GREAT contract! If not, have you heard anything? I am new to the Fiction writers world, and have wondered about "normal" turnarounds in the publishing world. I just joined RWA in August, and hope to join GRW this month at the meeting(Sept 19th). Wishing you the best of luck on this and any future submissions!
    Deb

     
  • At April 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Naomi Rawlings said...

    Hi, you won a copy of my book, Sanctuary for a Lady, on Voices of the Heart on Sunday. Email me with your address, and I'll get a copy to you Naomi (at) NaomiRawlings (dot) com

    And thanks for stopping by the blog!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home